Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thanksgiving Cards

Hi Everyone,

With it being Thanksgiving week, I have two cards that are holiday related, but on the simpler side.  If you're in a time crunch, these are for you ;)

An embossing folder, circle punches, and a die are what I used to highlight the darling little leaf image from the 4 in 1 Harvest Designs stamp from DRS Designs.  

I colored up the leaves and used a 1 3/4"circle punch to cut them out.  After embossing my background, I used the 1 1/4" punch to create the openings and glued the leaves behind them.  I then used the same size punches to create the little frames for each one, and added a simple die cut greeting to finish the card.  


For my second card, I stamped, colored and die cut the Pumpkin Thanksgiving Wishes greeting. I wasn't in the mood to do any lengthy coloring project, so I grabbed some washi tape and masked off a few strips on my background cardstock.  I then used some orange and yellow ink, and sponged the exposed areas.  After removing the tape, I stamped the Pumpkin Pile in brown ink and added a strip of glitter. 

I finished it off by adding the sentiment using some dimensional tape and a row of matching gems.  

Here's wishing you a happy holiday this week...I sure am grateful you took the time to visit the blog today!

Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails