Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Apples and Ornaments

Hi Everyone,

Because Thanksgiving fell so early in November, as I type this, I still feel like I'm celebrating two seasons and holidays.  I'm eating turkey soup, made from my leftovers, and I'm also decorating for Christmas.  Hence my cards for the blog today :)

I couldn't let the harvest season pass by with out coloring up the gorgeous Bountiful Basket stamp. It screams bounty and thankfulness, and lets me use all of my favorite colored markers to bring it to life.  I die cut and added a mat, along with a second pumpkin.  I stamped it a second time, colored and fussy cut it, adding it using some dimensional foam tape.  

An embossed fall word background, along with a strip of paper made using the Splatter Background stamp, made up the background for this card.  I finished it off with the Thanks be to God Greeting and a crochet button embellishment from my stash.  


I took a break from decorating to make a card that was filled with some decorations :)

I used some Spellbinders ornament dies to create these, and decorated them using the following stamps:



It needed a bit of embellishment, so I stamped and fussy cut the flower from the 
Poinsettia Vine Corner stamp, and added some punched greens, and gems to the centers.  The Small Happy Holidays Greeting was added using my square punches, to contrast the round ornaments.  

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Thanks for visiting today!

Karin




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails