Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Gnome for the Holidays

  Hi Everyone!



I feel so lucky to be able to give you a peek at one of the new sentiments that is being released this week.  The Tiny Gnome for the Holidays Greeting is perfect for the collection of gnome stamps here at DRS Designs. 


Here I stamped the Tree Home Gnome and colored it up, adding some lights to his place of residence

that were fussy cut from the Christmas Light String.  



The background was stamped using the Large Original Plaid stamp and some black ink.  By stamping on a colored piece of paper, you get the a two color look by only using one ink. I added a punched border along each side and embellished it using a printed ribbon and a snowflake brad.







For my second card, I wanted to keep with the gnome theme, and showcase the same sentiment, so I stamped the Toadstools around the perimeter of the background and colored them in very loosely using a watercolor brush.  I did the same with the Mushroom Line Background and added the Peeking Gnome that was colored and fussy cut.







In the spirit of this adorable gnome, thanks for peeking in today!  To see all of the new stamps, just click on over to the store!



Have a great day :)
Karin









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails