Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Popcorn

Hi Everyone,
In my book, no movie is complete without some fresh popcorn, so I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to use these popcorn themed stamps from DRS Designs on my card for today's post. It's a full on tribute to that great salty snack!
I created a simply stamped background using the Popcorn Background and I highlighted the popped kernels with a yellow Copic marker to simulate some butter topping. I did the same to the popcorn in the Bowl of Popcorn, and then I fussy cut it. I stamped the image a second time on red card stock and then stamped over it with the Spatter Background and paper pieced it on to the bowl. I've been wanting to make a spatter ware something, ever since I received that stamp!

 
 
I used a dimensional dot to pop up my bowl on some matching die cuts and I stamped and colored the Popped Up Birthday Greeting in coordinating colors for a cheerful birthday card.
Thanks for "popping" by!


2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

It certainly is a cheerful card! What a great sentiment to go with that image. Awesome job Karin.

Anne Temple said...

So cute! Love the buttery popcorn and the bowl is fabulous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails