Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's Your Birthday-Sweet!

Hi Everyone,
 
I'm sharing a birthday card today that I made with stamps from DRS Designs in honor of a friend of mine with a sweet tooth as big as they come. Really though, doesn't that describe almost anyone?! When it's your special day, I think it's almost a crime not to indulge :)
 
My bright and cheerful card was made using an embossing folder that has a single row of balloons. It left the right side plain, so I stamped that using the Spatter Background in red and orange ink. I added a strip of white cardstock stamped again in orange and red, only this time using the Easy Dot Background. Before adhering it to my card, I added a punched border and a bit of ribbon.  
 
 
 
I was able to fit the top part of the "Sweet" Birthday Greeting in the Birthday Candle Address Frame, so I colored those candles to match and stamped the "sweet" right underneath. The Cherry Top Cupcake was stamped colored and fussy cut and then adhered with a pop dot. And to make it extra sweet, I added Stickles to the frosting and Glossy Accents to the cherry.
 
I hope your day is extra sweet!
Karin
 
 P.S. If you are in the mood to make cards and show your support to our armed forces, be sure to click on the photo in my side bar.  It will give you all of the details regarding the card drive that DRS Designs is holding.  As always, there are prizes involved!


3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a delightful birthday creation and also perfect for a man. Love the autumn colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so sweet Karin! Love the bright colors and the sparkly frosting on the cupcake. Great birthday card!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a pretty card, Karin! Love the images, and warm happy colors you have chosen. Everything looks very happy, partyist and delightfully fun! hugs, de

Related Posts with Thumbnails