Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Wedding Flowers

Hi Everyone,

One of my all time favorite stamps in the DRS Designs catalog is the Dogwood Branch, and spring wouldn't be complete without using it.  It's so pretty and elegant, that I decided to make a wedding card using it.  

My original thought was to use the stamp to create a background, but after stamping the corners, I decided to leave the center empty and place my chosen sentiment right there.

 
I began with a cream colored card base and made the focal  panel 1/2" smaller.  After stamping the flowers, I colored them with my Copic markers and then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the To Have and Hold Greeting right where I wanted it.  I then finished it off by layering the panel on a piece of black card stock that was 1/8" larger and adding random half pearls and Stickles to the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join our weekly challenge.  The theme is Birds and Bees!

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails