Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Our House Birdhouse



Hi Everyone,
 
I just met my new neighbors a week ago, and I decided to make a card using my stamps from DRS Designs, with them in mind. We just celebrated Memorial Day, so I chose to use an all American red, white and blue theme for the card.  I love that summer is unofficially here, don't you?  

I stamped the Single Birdhouse multiple times to create my focal image and die cut it using my oval dies, but I did it at an angle, just to give it a different look.  I colored them with my Copic markers and added one of the birdies from the Love Birds Branch stamp that I colored and fussy cut, to the top of one of the houses. 
 
 
The background was made using these three stamps:
 
The sentiment, Our House to Yours was punched out and adhered using dimensional tape.  To finish it off, I added a striped ribbon along with some photo corners that were created using a punch. 
 
Thank you for looking in today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails