Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Beach Birthday

Hi Everyone,
 
I could hardly wait to show off my beach themed birthday card on the blog today! I've had so much fun using these newly released stamps, that stamping has felt like a vacation!  I swear I could hear the roar of the ocean waves when I was making this card :)
 
I used the 4 in 1 Seashells to make my background.  I stamped them in Versamark and then embossed  them using clear embossing powder and my heat gun. Next,  I used a scallop punch and various shades of blue card stock to give the effect of waves, and finally adding a strip of double sided tape that was coated in sandy colored glittery flock.
 
 
I stamped the Beach Birthday Greeting in Navy ink and die cut it using a rectangle die, and I then layered it onto a glittery blue mat.
 
Finally I stamped, colored and fussy cut four of the shells for embellishment, adding them with some dimensional foam tape.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails