Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Friendship

Hi Everyone,

Last week I mentioned that I had some new neighbors move in, and these folks are super nice.  They stopped by and brought me a bouquet of peonies from their yard!  A gesture like that definitely requires a thank you card, so I managed to pull together this quickie for them.  

I began with choosing a light green card base and used the Silhouette Background Trees stamp on my panel.  I added a strip of light green card stock that I stamped with the Polka Dot Background stamp in the same ink.  I stamped the Life is Friendship Greeting in black and added a punched border and piece of black cotton lace.

It needed a bit of pizazz, which in my head always means glitter, so I dabbed that on the greenery :)  Lastly, I used the butterfly from the Three Flowers with Butterfly for an embellishment and added it with some dimensional tape. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Karin. I am sure your lovely neighbours treasured this card. Love the nature theme.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very elegant card Karin. Love the little touch of lace and glitter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails