Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sitting here....

Hi Everyone,
 
I'm absolutely obsessed with this sweet new Adirondack Chair (450c) stamp that is soon to be released at DRS Designs! I love that you can add it to a scene on a card or simply use it alone with a matching sentiment.  So perfect in size and design :)  

I began by masking off my background with a left over circle die cut and sponged on a grass and sky setting.  I removed the masked and then stamped the chair, (which I colored with my Copic markers), Sitting Thinking Greeting and my bush. (Four Flower Background)
 
 
 I was imaging that it was early evening after a rain, so I added some glitter glue to the shrub to mimic glistening dew drops :)

While I tried to make this a simple one layer card, I couldn't leave it be.  I love seeing them done by others, but on my desk, they seem so unfinished.  So, I cut it apart and I went ahead and did my standard three layers, added some scalloped edges and twine.  Ahhh....All better ;)

Thank you for the visit today!
Karin
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails