Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hike on the Wild Side

Hi Everyone,
 
I just got back from a lovely vacation yesterday, so I'm just now getting caught up on real life :)  My card share is one that I made a couple of weeks ago.  A friend was having a birthday while we were gone, and I wanted to make sure I got it in the mail before we left.  

I try my best to make cards specific to the person and one of his hobbies is hiking, so I thought the Silhouette Hiker stamp and the Walk On the Wild Side Greeting would make a perfect pairing.  Since it's still summer and the trees are green, I chose that as my color palette.  The card base is a light green and I used the Silhouette Background Trees for my background, inking it once and stamping twice for a shadow effect. The image and sentiment were both heat embossed, and the image was die cut, matted and enhanced with a bit of green ink.
 
Sorry to keep it short and sweet, but I'm itching to get inky again after being gone...That's much more fun than getting caught up on laundry :(
 
See ya soon!

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great card Karin! Love the shadowed trees and that silhouette hiker is a great image.

Katydid Cards said...

Great masculine card! Love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails