Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Angel

Hi Everyone,
 
I have an inspirational card to share with you today.  I paired the new Strength and Dignity Greeting with an angel that I die cut using a die from Spellbinders.  I saved the negative piece and used it as a stencil, adding ink in the approximate places for the wings, face and dress.  After I removed the stencil, I placed the angel on top, and used a rectangle die to cut her out, making her match the sentiment panel.


I left my comfort zone as far as card shape and size.  To make all of my pieces fit, I used a 12x12 inch piece of card stock and ended up with a 6 inch square card.  For the background I used the new Scroll Corner Tile stamp, coloring in portions of the vines using a purple Copic marker.  I also added the small flourish in the corners of the sentiment for a bit of extra detail.  Before adhering the image and sentiment with dimensional tape, I added a strip of matching embossed card stock, punched border and a couple of matching gems.

Thanks for visiting!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails