Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Hang in There!



Hi Everyone,

Is it wrong to make a card for yourself?  That's totally what I did...lol!  It's been a rough couple of weeks in my house.  There have been cars in the shop and now a broken computer.  Broken enough to where it's not worth fixing, so we've been researching what kind to get and let me tell you, my head is ready to explode.  Too many choices, and too many opinions from too many sources.  Sigh.  So, this card was simply made to cheer myself up :)

I used the Hang in There Monkey from DRS Designs, stamping it in brown ink and adding some vines using the Leafy Tree Branch stamp.  I colored it using Copic markers and die cut and layered it onto some scalloped rectangles.  The background was made using an embossing folder with a giraffe print that I inked up to go with the whole jungle theme, 


Then to finish it off, I went old school with my embellishments and added some ribbon and gems!

Here's hoping you're hanging in there too!  Go make a card, it's sure to help you smile :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Karin





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails