Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to be hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in a long while, and I've been trying out all kinds of card designs for my invitations.  For this one, I inked up the new Filigree Pumpkin stamp and embossed it with brown iridescent embossing powder.  I then used my sponges and ink to add some color and fussy cut it out.  I decided I like the design on the pumpkin so much, that I used it to create the patterned paper for the background. It's behind the strip of embossed leaves, ribbon and the Happy Thanksgiving Greeting. 


 I tried to mimic the the colors on the pumpkin by adding them on to the greeting, sponging yellow ink in the center and orange around the edge. 

Here is a close up of the embossing on the pumpkin and the the matching background paper.


All of these stamps and more can be found at DRS Designs...Just click here!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails