Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Santa Pup & Winter Scene

Hi Everyone,

Happy Halloween!  By the looks of my card today, you probably think that I'm confused about my holidays...lol. Nope!  I'm just excited to be sharing peeks at some of the new holiday stamps being released at DRS Designs.

This adorable Santa Puppy (408F) is all dressed up for Christmas, (or for Halloween!)  and I paired it with the new Doggone Christmas Greeting (410D).  Instead of making my backgrounds using holiday stamps, I inked up the Dog Print Background and dry embossed the bottom portion with paw prints as well. I finished it off with a small metal embellishment.


For my second card, I made a little wintry scene.  I embossed the background using a snowflake embossing folder and white and red papers. See those rocks along the edge of the pond?  That's a new stamp addition to the group of village stamps, here at DRS Designs and it's just perfect. All I did was stamp, die cut and color up my scene, adding some glitter glue for snow at the end :)  


Here's where you can find the stamps I used for this card:

Village Rocks/Pond's Edge (356F)

Have you started on your holiday cards yet?  We have tons of inspiration in the card gallery at DRS Designs!

Have a great day!
Karin




1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

You designed very lovely cards! I don't make my own, but I have already purchased the cards I'm planning to send out this year.

Blessings~

Related Posts with Thumbnails