Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Happy Mail

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of cards to share with you today that really aren't related to each other in any way, other than that I used some circle dies to create them both.

I wanted to makes something other than an ordinary card, so I went with an easy Z Fold card.  You start by folding the paper in half, like for a regular A2 sized card, but then you fold the top portion in half again.  You can then decorate the inside panel and the half panel, adding an image that you only attach to the half panel side.  


I used the Happy Mail stamp from DRS Designs for my image and the following 2 stamps to create my background paper:
Silhouette Branch Background (stamped in green ink)
Splatter Background (stamped in red and turquoise ink)

Here is a photo of the half fold...


And a photo of the card laying open.  I added a blank circle to the inside for a hand written message.


Since Memorial Day has come and gone, and summer is now unofficially under way, I thought I would turn to making something patriotic for my second card.   I began by embossing a neutral background with a star embossing folder (Darice brand) and I die cut some circles out of red, white and blue paper.  I stamped them using the Interlocking Star Background in red and blue ink, but I didn't have a greeting that would fit my small circle.  


I was too impatient to try and ink up the Let Freedom Ring sentiment and stamp it word for word in the circle, so I stamped it once and cut out the words and glued them down.  I attached my colored circles,  tied on a ribbon and added the greeting using some dimensional foam tape.  I looked at it, and decided it needed something else, so I added a few matching stars that punched out from my scraps.  

Thanks for stopping by today!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails