Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Nautical

Hi Everyone,

While it may not be a challenge for some folks, trying to make a card with a masculine theme always sends me into a tizzy. Things start out well, and then I end up embellishing my card with ribbon or gems, and begin all over again. But... Not today people! I managed to complete what I started, with no glitter in sight :)

After stamping, heat embossing, and die cutting my Sailboat image from DRS Designs, I decided to challenge myself to make some backgrounds for this card.  The first background was made using the 
Large Original Plaid Background and blue ink. By only stamping the plaid one way, it's just stripes!   I made a smaller panel using the same blue in and the Starry Background stamp, and I matted them both using maroon colored paper.



I off set the image panel and added a strip that I made using scraps from my desk and some large brads from my stash.  I added a simple sentiment of "Best Wishes" which came from the larger Engagement Wishes Greeting, and called the card done.  

Best wishes to you and thanks for visiting today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails