Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Holiday Cards

Hi Everyone,

I'm really cutting it close when it comes to getting my cards made and mailed out this year...Please, tell me I'm not alone...lol!  I think if I get to the post office today or tomorrow, I'll still be able to make the deadline.  If you're in the same boat with me, here's a little last minute inspiration.

I have a friend that inherited his family home, and he's in the process of remodeling it.  HIMSELF.  I'm in awe. Home improvement is one of my nightmares.  So, this card that features the 
Tool Christmas Stocking, from DRS Designs is a stamp that was tailor made for his holiday card. I colored it up, die cut and matted it, adding a silver, metal like snowflake for embellishment.



I used an embossing folder that had gears on it and embellished that with some metal brads, to keep with the theme of the masculine card, finishing it by adding the Fixin' Merry Christmas Greeting.

I realized I needed to make a card at the last minute, so that always means clean and simple.  This one couldn't have been easier.

I die cut a tree and embossed it with some snowflakes, adding a few touches of glitter glue.  I grabbed my watercolor brush and painted the background in a tree shape, and once it was dry, I attached it with some dimensional foam tape.


I grabbed my punches and the Small Happy Holidays sentiment and called it done.  I know it's plain, but it really makes my heart sing.  I've already decided this will be my Christmas party invites for next year.  

The big day is one week away...I'm wishing you peace and joy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are both so cool Karin! Especially your friend's card - how appropriate - he's going to love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails