Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Irish Friendship

Hi Everyone,

Today I have a couple of Irish/St. Patrick's Day/Friendship cards to share with you.  I tried to get out of my comfort zone, so I flipped through my sketch binder and found this interesting one.  

Beginning with a green card base, I attached a shamrock embossed background.  I punched out some brown and green 1 1/4" squares, stamping them using the Tree Slice Woodgrain and the 
Shamrock Scroll , and then attached them in the pattern seen here. This left a spot for an image on top and a sentiment below.



I chose to stamp and die cut the Claddagh, coloring it and attaching it with dimensional foam tape.   The missing you was an old die from Cuttlebug/Provocraft and I thought it would be appropriate for a card for a far away friend.  Lastly, I attached a green metal clip for embellishment.

Here, I began by stamping the Irish Friendship Greeting, die cutting it and adding some sponging around the edges.  Taking inspiration from the greeting,  I used some Copic markers to create the rainbow background and some colorless ink to make the water droplets.  Before attaching it to the card base, I came across a scrap that had been stamped using the Silhouette Branch Background, so I added that as well.  Love using up those bits.  Just because it didn't work out that one time, don't toss it away!



The two images, Snail Toadstool and Tree Home Gnome were stamped, colored, punched out and added with more dimensional tape. 

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails