Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Ladybug Birthday

Hi Everyone,

The snow and ice are back in full force outside my window, so I thought a cheery ladybug card would be just the thing for today's post. 

I colored up the darling little Ladybug Toadstool, and punched it out using my 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches.  Those sizes will tell you it's small, so I chose to make it more of an embellishment by pairing it up with the Ladybug Birthday Greeting, which I stamped, die cut and matted.



I made my background by choosing colors from my toadstool, and stamped the Easy Dot background in red and the Splatter background in green. Using a scallop border punch, some cardstock scraps and a bit of ric rack, I attached my border to the top of the card. 

After adhering my sentiment and image, I debated whether to add a flower embellishment, but ended up leaving well enough alone, deciding less is more :)

Thanks for stopping by and I'm wishing you a delightful day!

Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails