Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Feather Friendship Cards

Hi Everyone,

Since I can't get enough of this new Silly Bird stamp, I took inspiration from my card last week, and made another one using some of the same stamps.

Here's how the main scene came together:
1. Stamp Silly Birds.
2. Make a mask for both birds and stamp the Umbrella.
3. Make mask for umbrella and stamp Raindrop Background.
4. Sponge blue ink lightly over background.
5. Color in images.


I then used the new Feathers 3 in 1 to stamp the card base and I used the top portion of  
Birds of a Feather Friends Greeting for the outside sentiment.

The inside was stamped with the second half of the greeting, along with the Umbrella and raindrops again.


I didn't want to relegate using the Feathers 3 in 1 stamp to bird cards only, so I made a background of them for a friendship card.  I paired them with the Good Friend Angel Greeting and the Winged Angel, die cutting it out and adding some purple sponging around the panel.  I attached it to the background and used a slot punch to make a spot to tie on my bow and feather embellishment.


After the card was assembled, I colored in the angel wings and added some glitter glue to finish it off. 

I sure do appreciate the friends in my life, and working on these cards has reminded me how special they are...I hope you're inspired to tell the friends in your life how much they mean to you, through a handmade card.

Happy Stamping!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails