Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Hogs & Kisses

Hi Everyone,

I really have a hard time complaining about the Cleveland weather this year.  Yes, it has been cold.  Yes, it has snowed.  And boy is it grey and gloomy.  However, I'm not buried and it isn't below zero, so I will take it :).  I've got my eye on the prize...Only 52 days until spring!!  Until then, I'll keep my self warm and cheerful with stamping Valentines.

I chose Leonard Pig Rose Offering stamp because he's so dang cute, and I stamped, and die cut him, layering him behind some heart shaped frames.  It was only when I went to color the image did I realize, I used the wrong ink.  Versamark tends to bleed into alcohol markers, so I tried to heat set it, and carefully color between the lines on the roses.  I was too unsure about going further and totally messing it up, so I decided this is what it would be, and design around it.  


I created the background using the Splatter Background stamp and red and pink ink. I had my "hog", I just needed my kisses.  Using my lips embossing folder (Darice) that I embellished with pink ink, I added a black lace border to match up with the image.   

To finish the card, I attached the Hogs & Kisses Greeting and the main image using some dimensional foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by...HOGS & Kisses!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails