Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Happy Thoughts

 Hi Everyone,


I'm showing off the new Arched Window stamp on my first card today.  It's so cold and snowy here, I needed to make a pleasant scene to warm me up...I'm dreaming of the sunny, cheerful days to come.

I stamped the window a few times and fussy cut out the first one.  I made a mask out of the second one, and fussy cut the shutters on the third one. I then colored and attached those shutters to the back of the window shutters, so that they could be folded shut.  I hope that makes sense.

The background was made using The Floor stamp and an embossed brick wall. I also stamped and fussy cut the Cattail Milk Pail and the One Line Happy Thoughts Greeting.



Here you can see what the window looks like opened up.  I used the mask I made for the window as a helper to stamp the tree top and the hot air balloon.

The tree and balloon come from the following stamps:


For my St. Patrick's Day card I stamped and heat embossed the new Shamrock of Shamrocks using gold embossing powder.  I stamped the bottom using the Small Shamrock Group and the made the greeting using the Tiny St. Pat's Day


Please send me some Irish luck to chase away the snowflakes! 

Happy Stamping!
Karin




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails