Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Happy St Patrick's Day & Happy Birthday

 Hi Everyone,

This cute little Peeking Gnome, rife with facial hair, made me remember I have this mustache embossing folder.  I thought it would make a great background for him and this funny Turn Their Ankles Greeting for my St. Patrick's day card share today.

This patterned paper was made using the Small Shamrock Group and the ubiquitous (at least on my projects) Splatter Background stamps in green and orange ink. To turn my gnome into a leprechaun, I replaced his hat with the top hat from the Top Hat St. Patrick's Day Greeting stamp.  And the added shamrocks were stamped, colored and fussy cut from the Tall Shamrocks stamp.



Inside I simply stamped the Top Hat St. Patrick's Day Greeting and the Tall Shamrocks again. 




March is a heavy birthday month, so this is the first of the cards I've made for family and friends.  

I realized I have two different honeycomb backgrounds, so I used both to dry emboss on my card, and I inked up the background embossing folder to add a light yellow hue.

I used the Bee Happy Birthday Greeting, along with the Bitsy Bumble Bee stamp.  I colored them up, punched them out and attached them using some dimensional foam tape. 


To finish it off, I simply added some glitter to the wings!

If you need more inspiration for your card making, be sure to pop on over to DRS Designs!

Thanks for stopping by,
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails