Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Billiards Anyone?

  Hi Everyone,


It's been ages since I played a game of billiards!  During high school I babysat for a family who had a pool table, and their son always wanted to play when I came over to sit. I'm pretty sure it's because he knew he could beat me :)  These new pool themed stamps brought back all sorts of memories for me and I couldn't wait to create and share a couple of cards with you today.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw these stamps, was the green felt on top to the pool table. I didn't have any felt to add to my project, but I did have some green sparkly flock, so I tried to make my card resemble a pool table. I used a corner punch and a circle punch for the corners and two long sides before spraying my cardstock with adhesive, and covering it with the flock.
I stamped colored and fussy cut the Pool Cue, Ball & Rack and attached them along with the new die cut Billiards Birthday Greeting.


For this card I began by stamping a bunch of the Billiard Balls,  and then realized I needed to Google how to color them up!  They were pretty colorful in the end, so I only added a banner with the Racking Up Birthday Greeting on it, and a few star shaped gems for pizzazz.


Be sure to visit the DRS Designs new releases page for these stamps and much, much more!  

Happy Stamping!

Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails