Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Peep, it's Spring!

  Hi Everyone,


I love this darling little Chick in Nest stamp, and while it's great for Easter, it makes for a great spring time hello card too.  

I attached it to a background of embossed chicken wire and a stamped Checkerboard Background in yellow ink. I covered up the seam using some lace and burlap trim, embellishing with a pre-made yellow flower.


The peep greeting was made using only the word peep from the Favorite Easter Peeps Greeting and a word bubble punch.

For my scene on this card I stamped Frog Boy Cutie Pie Kid and then masked him off in order to create the sky and river bank behind him.  I wanted him to look like he was standing in the creek catching frogs, so it tried to color over his feet and make the bottom of his overalls darker in color.  I'm not sure how successful I was, but his little face is just so cute!

I stamped the Have I Toad You Greeting by splitting it in half, to fit inside a punch and added the I Love You Greeting, that was also made using a banner punch.  


I remember picking dandelions for my mom as a small child, as a symbol of my love for her.  Perhaps if I was a boy, I may have brought her frogs instead :)  

Thanks for stopping by!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails