Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Favors

Hi Everyone!


Well, this is the week that the spring season gets under way for me. Lots always happens around this time of year.


First off, tonight is my book club meeting. We are discussing Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. I enjoyed it very much, got sucked in to the world, but for some reason I didn't connect emotionally to the characters. Not sure what that says about me or the book. There is a lot in the book about the practice of foot binding. I wanted to Google it, to get some of my questions answered about this really painful and traumatic tradition, but I was afraid I might see pictures. Much too squeamish am I for that. I had a hard time not comparing it to Memoirs of a Geisha, simply because of the Asian theme I guess. I will be curious to see what the other ladies thought of it.


Second, it's St. Patty's day this week! Which really doesn't mean anything around here, except that we look forward to eating corned beef. LOL...That, and it's March Madness week...Ahhhhh!



Yes, I still think of myself as a theatre geek; so not into sports. However, for survival in my household, I have had to embrace it. I am the epitome of, "If you can't beat em, join em!" I even do my own bracket each year. One of these times I'm gonna win! It's not so bad. The hubby puts up with the Oscar shenanigans, so I can do the basketball thing. There are usually some hot wings in the festivities and that always helps too. I'm headed to a Tastefully Simple party as well one evening. A night with some ladies will give me fortitude to make it through. I will sneak in some stamping time too :)



While the B.ball is going on for weeks, there is my Dad's birthday next week (and his lady friends b-day is that week too. Gotta love shopping for gifts for people who have everything and don't need or want anything!) We are planning on going out for dinner with them...and no Hun, there won't be a TV there...LOL!


Oh yes, and then there is Easter. It's been at my house for a number of years, and here are some quick pics of my favors for the table this year. I took the photos right after I finished them, so sorry if the lighting is poor.
A close up. These are from the holiday tag set from Papertrey Ink. They have a set specifically for spring, but you know I'm all about using what you have. So, I just used ink in spring colors when I did the stamping.





The little round containers came from my local craft store and they are filled with M&M's. Not the most original idea, but a fairly quick make. And pretty cute if I do say so myself.


I probably should have written the name of the guest in the blank space and then done away with a place card...Oh well.

Thanks for stopping by today...Let the festivities begin!


Details not listed above-Ink: Stampin' Up, Ribbon: Darice.

13 comments:

TannyP said...

Those are so cute, Karin! I'm sure they'll be loved. Afterall, everyone loves a little treat! The stamping on them is perfect. Nice work!

Courtney Baker said...

These are way cute! And I love my book club too! Isn't it so fun to sit and chat with friends?

Anonymous said...

Very soft and pretty. Love the yummy candy inside!

Jen Carter said...

What cute favors! I'd love one at my table setting so I'm sure your guests will love them too!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE these Karin, what a cute idea!

Daniela F. said...

Cute Easter favors! So clever to use one of the other tag stamp sets. The pastel colors are perfect for your little project :)

Sue Ann said...

What time is dinner ..... I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! And how far do I have to travel :) Great favor!!!

Taheerah said...

These are so cute!!

Kara said...

What a nice idea! I hope you have a wonderful dinner!!
Kara

Cheryl said...

They are cute!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute Karin. We always travel for Easter so I am never home to do very much. It was always my grandmother's favorite holiday and even though she has passed we still gather each year kind of in honor of her. And way to go with participating in the March Madness, what a sport you are!

Dana said...

Karin, these are very clever! I would not have thought to use the Holiday tags set for something easter-y, but you totally opened my eyes to the possibilities. Adorable!

Jennifer K said...

So fun! Love the tins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails