Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Love Digi Challenge #2 - Sketch for Mum

Hello Everyone!


Are you ready for another challenge where you can showcase your digital stamping? This week our sponsor is Lexi's Doodles!Our last challenge at I Love Digi was a color challenge, so we are mixing it up and bringing you a sketch challenge this time out, created by Dawny P.


Here is the sketch...


And to help get the creative juices flowing, here is my card! What could be better for celebrating Mum than a sweet spring daffodil? This image came from the set Fancy Flowers by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff.


The base of my card is 5 1/4"square, decorated with traditional stamps. The main image was colored with Bic Mark its and 3 pearl accents finish it off. I was unsure if I should use this for my Mother-in-laws birthday or for Mothers day, so I left the sentiment off for now.

You can check the rest of the Design Team blogs below, or head straight to I Love Digi and link up your Sketch for Mum card for a chance at a prize from our sponsor.















Guest Designer:



Thanks for the visit and Good Luck creating!


Details- Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, PTI, Stampin' Up!, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Paper: The Paper Company, DCWV, Markers: Bic Mark-its, Nesties, black pearl accents from my supplies.

10 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Love your card Karin, graceful and elegant and super colouring :)

Thanks for a super DT creation for I ♥ Digi

Elaine x

Bev said...

I love your card Karin, you should just make another one (one for mum one for mum in law) as I am sure they would both be thrilled with it.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's really beautiful and the scalloped panel looks great!

TannyP said...

Oh my goodness Karin! That card is stunning...your daffodil is gorgeous and the papers are all so lovely together.

Your coloring ROCKS!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Scrapbooking Challenges and Competitions category today [04 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Courtney Baker said...

Wow this is way pretty! Love that flower girl!

Poppy said...

love your card,makes you feel like spring is here.
poppy

Micki said...

Oh man, that is beautiful. Your coloring is awesome and with the touches of black...simply stunning.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Saw this on many blogs! Looks fun!!

Kristen H said...

OOh! pretty card! I love the lovely, springtime color scheme. Just wonderful!
I love your blog name too (cute)!

HAve a great weekend!

Blessings!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails