Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Visit for a Spell

Hi Everyone!

Wow, fall sure has been a busy time for me. We had our anniversary and our cruise.  I came home with the beast of all colds, can you believe I'm still battling the effects of it? Just so crazy! I started a new Bible study, made cards for OWH, there was Homecoming weekend with my niece home from college, took over the position of Administrator for my book club, had a friend visit from out of town and this weekend was Rod's birthday.  I'm pooped just thinking about it.  It's all good, but I feel like I need another vacation. 


So, now that you are up to date with me, on to an invite I made with one of the new releases from DRS Designs.  This Halloween Party Invite is a great stamp if you want to host a Halloween get together.  I love that the party details are written in the swirls from the cauldron! 
I used the Starry Background stamp and ran a piece of purple Cordinations though the Cuttlebug and sanded it for some texture.  They also match those swirls on the image.  Love that.
A bit of stickles for some bling and it was finished.  How's that for easy to mass produce?
All the new Halloween stamps from DRS Designs can be found right here.

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows:
Double Dutch-Halloween
Fresh Brewed Designs-Purple and Black
Stampin Royalty-Halloween

Hope your week is off to a fantastic start!

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Versafine, Corner Punch: Fiskars, Markers: Copic

13 comments:

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
I just come by to say HALLO.
What a nice idea, that card. Quick, easy and most of all nice to recieve.
Greetings,
Karin

Cheryl said...

What a fun stamp! I want to host a Halloween party just so I can use it.

I love the back ground you created. I live the over all simplicity of the card with the big central image. Great job!

1CardCreator said...

Great combination of colors and textures Karin! I love the way the swirls of the bg embossing pick up on the swirls in the stamp! ~Diane

Jennifer E. said...

What a great invite! Nice layout & great color choices!

Pam said...

Gosh Karin! You are one busy lady but you are always SO together! How do you do it? Cute card - it makes me wanna throw a party instead of just scare the little trick or treaters ;)

jonim52 said...

Love how you did this invite. Love the sparkle!

pinky said...

You are a busy woman Karin, I'm pooped just reading this lol. Love your invite, so cool the way the wording goes.
Pinky

TannyP said...

Holy moly - have you been BUSY! Great invite =) Those colors are fabulous and the stickles are just the right touch!

wendyp said...

fabulous invitation!!! Love the way you added the stickles! perfect touch!

Berry said...

What a great creation! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this time hugs Rebekah xx

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute invitations!! I love the sparkle you added.

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB card Karin, thanks for playing at the Artistic Stamper CT challenge :O))

Emily Leiphart said...

Karin, I love the swirly party invite coming out of the cauldron! Thanks for stopping by to wish me luck with Amber Ink. I certainly hope you're feeling better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails