Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Delightful Surprises

Hi Everyone,
 
I'm finally showing off one of my pig cards made using the adorable Leonard Pig Behind the Bubble stamp from DRS Designs.  I love the look on his face, just peering out from behind the big bubble. It doesn't show up in the photo, but I fussy cut that part of Leonard, covered it in glossy accents and attached it with a dimensional dot. I was trying to simulate that distorted look you get from looking through something that isn't quite clear.
 
I dry embossed my background paper using a bubble embossing folder, and in keeping with the circle theme, I die cut my Delightful Surprises Greeting and covered it in Bubbles in a matching peach ink.
 
 
I added a strip of light blue paper and a couple of gems, just to anchor the image of Leonard at the bottom of the card. That seemed to do the trick when I was trying to balance out the card design, so no real fancy reason for that :)
 
Thanks and hope your day if full of delightful surprises!
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails