Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sending you sunshine...

Hi Everyone,


If you've stopped by the DRS Designs blog recently, you would have seen some of the new stamps that are being released at DRS Designs. Did you see the card yesterday? Shelia showed off the two new pig stamps on a card and it's totally cute! If you didn't see it, go look now. I'll wait....

 
See? Adorable, right? I made my own pig cards, but they cannot follow that one, so I'm opting to show you a summer themed one instead :) Summer! Woo-hoo! Gosh, it feels like I've waited forever for it to arrive. I know it's not "officially" here, but it's finally warm in Ohio, so that's good enough for me.

 
While I don't live near the ocean, my Lake Erie has some very nice beaches, so I'm celebrating them. I made a little scene for my card today using some punches, dies and a wave embossing folder. I embellished my clouds and sand with some Sparkle N Soft, just to add some texture and shine to the finished card. The new stamp is the Sandcastle, which was stamped, colored and die cut.

 


Since I have a cling mounted version of the Sending You Sunshine greeting, I was able to curve it a bit to follow the curve of the die cut circle. I just wanted to mention that in case you opt for the wood mounted one, where doing that wouldn't be possible. It would just be a horizontal sentiment.
 
 
Thanks for dropping by and here's hoping you're swinging into summer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails