Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Magic Grain

Hi Everyone,
 

Back when I was a child, I always left out cookies for Santa, but I never left any reindeer food for Rudolph and his friends. I was an adult before I heard of people feeding Santa's reindeer. I think sprinkling oatmeal laced with colored sugar on the lawn Christmas Eve, to guide Santa's sleigh to your home, is a great tradition for children and would leave lasting memories. Those are the thoughts that went through my head when I was designing today's card share.
 

I pulled out the Polka Dot background to create my paper. I was in a rut using snowflakes for all my winter cards, and this actually is a great stand in for lightly falling snow. I stamped a strip of patterned paper using the Woven Plaid background stamp that was cut apart into 3 pieces. That made stamping in different ink colors and also at an angle a breeze.
 
 
I image is the new Feeding Reindeer stamp and I paired it with the Lingering Christmas Greeting which was die cut and attached with pop dots. I finished it off with a few punched snowflakes and matching gems.
 
Thanks for peeking in today!

1 comment:

2kidsmom said...

Love the sentiment and patterned paper on this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails