Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Picking out a tree...

Hi Everyone,

 
So, what is it for you? Artifical or the real thing? I have to admit that I'm in the artifical tree catagory, but I sure do love the smell and look of the real Christmas trees. A couple of miles from my home, they've begun setting up the tree lot for the season and I'm tempted to buy each year :) I only had live trees the first couple of years I was married, (then I went to the dark side!) and I love looking at the photos I have of the trees those years.

 
So, here's a card that I made with stamps from DRS Designs, inspired by the memories of going to the tree lot and choosing the perfect Christmas tree. I stamped the new Christmas Village Tree Store first, adding the man and his dog and a couple extra trees to round out the little scene. The man and the extra trees are from Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories and Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories 2. I colored it with Copic markers, adding some sponging to create the grass and sky, and a few bits of glitter glue here and there for snow. I cut out the scene with my circle dies and used the No Snow Fun greeting for the sentiment.





I layered everything onto an embossed holly background, added a large die cut snowflake and a few gems and a pearl to finish it.
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails