Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Old Fashioned Christmas

Hi Everyone,

 
I've been having fun stamping with the new Christmas village stamps that were released over the weekend at DRS Designs. They combine with the stamps that were released a few months ago, so I'm only limited by my imagination when using these stamps on my cards!

 
I think the new Christmas Village Cabin stamp is a team favorite, because many of us have used it already for our sharing on the blog...lol! How could you not love it, it's so sweet and cozy looking :)


After stamping the house I needed to round out my scene, so I added a few more pine trees, a snowman in the meadow and a little kid who built him from the
Christmas Village 4 in 1 Accessories. I colored it with Copic markers and added glitter glue to the roof of the Log Cabin and highlights to the trees with a white gel pen.



To create my snowy, patterned paper strip, I used the Interlocking Snow Background in light green ink, and the Snow Background in a dark green in right on top. I attached a punched border and layered it onto and embossed snowflake background. I used only a portion of the Sleigh Rides Greeting and added a die cut snowflake for embellishment.
 
These stamps have me ready for the winter and holiday season for sure! How about you? Be sure to pop over to the DRS Designs store to see all of the holiday stamps and lots of card inspiration too!
 Thanks for stopping by!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails