Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Snow Better Friend

Hi Everyone,

The big holiday week is here and the weather people in northeast Ohio have already told us that we can dream of a white Christmas, but we won't be having one.  Since that's the case, I went ahead and designed a card with a snowy theme to get me in the mood :)

DRS Designs will be releasing a new group of stamps on the 28th, so here's a peek at some of the new ones.  First off, I knew I wanted to pair the new Snow Better Friend Greeting (678F) with those adorable penguins from the Penguin Snowball Blast stamp.  So I stamped that first and then the sentiment above and went ahead and die cut it.  After matting the image, it was pretty large, so in order to show off the background I chose to make the card a 5 1/2" square.

 

 I used the soon to be released stamps, Medium Filigree Snowflake (673F) in blue ink to make the background design, and added the Ornate Corner Tile (669D) to the corners.  The card needed a little something else, so I stamped and fussy cut Percy Penguin to add to the card with some dimensional tape, finishing it off with a bit of glitter glue on the snowballs.

Thanks for stopping by friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails