Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Flower Power

Hi Everyone,

I admit I'm pretty bad about cleaning up after I stamp; I usually push my scraps and extras into a pile and deal with it at some later time.  It was from those scraps that this card was born.  I came across the negative part from some die cut flowers.  They were made for embellishment on another project, but before tossing them, I decided to use them as a stencil and create a floral thank you card. 

I chose some pastel ink colors and simply sponged the flowers in a random pattern.  I used the
Deco Thank You Greeting from DRS Designs in the corner, and embellished a few of the centers with some gems.



It was so easy and fun!  I think I may keep these and any other scraps in a little baggie for future stencil projects.


Here's another graduation card I made using the A New Beginning Greeting.  Choosing to play off the word time in the sentiment, I dry embossed the background using a clock themed folder, and added 3 of the Brush Mortarboards that were stamped and fussy cut.


After it was assembled, the greeting looked a bit sparse, so I inked up one of the tiny grad caps from the Graduation Background stamp and added it to the corner.  

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails