Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Graduation Cards

Hi Everyone,

I'm in graduation card making mode right now and I have a couple of my most recent makes to share with you.  Since they both have the same layout, I tried to be a little creative in the stamps that I used.

A new sentiment from DRS Designs is Let the Adventure Begin and instead of pairing it with a traditional graduation image on the front, I used the Hot Air Balloon.  I colored up and fussy cut three of them, and attached them with dimensional foam tape to and embossed cloud background.  The sentiment was heat embossed, although I don't think it shows up in the photo.



I carried the Hot Air Balloons inside along with the Successful Future Grad Greeting.



I couldn't resist making another card using the adorable Graduation Pig!  He's definitely a new favorite of mine :)

I created some patterned paper using the Easy Dot Background and the Splatter Background stamp in green and yellow ink.  I punched out 3 holes and framed them out in black, and stamped and colored up the pig three times.  I added them behind the windows in fun positons, attaching the top one using a "Wobble".  It's a plastic spiral that gives him dimension, so it looks like he's bursting out.  And if you flick him with your finger, he moves back and forth.


I finished up the card using the perfect sentiment, Go Hog Wild!

Be sure to visit DRS Designs for all of these stamps and much more too!

Have a great day :)
Karin



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails