Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Get Well Cards

Hi Everyone,

I began stamping this in an effort to make a masculine get well card. I thought the Cattail Milk Pail from DRS Designs would be perfect; not too flowery, but still natural, nice and soothing, you get the idea.  I decided to stamp the background using the Long Tall Cattails Image, and so far so good.  However, I then made a Polka Dotted border piece, and embellished it with a scalloped border and gauzy ribbon.  No bow I thought, just tie a knot, but it ended up looking more girl like than I intended.  Oh well, I finished it with the One Line Get Well Greeting. 


My second get well card was always going to be all about flowers!  I wanted to stamp using the new Flower Wheelbarrow again, and colored the flowers using pastels.  I stamped a panel using the Flower Scroll and colored those to match the flowers in the main image, adding a punched border.


To keep the theme going, I used the same stamp on the background, stamping green on light green cardstock, for a subtle effect.  My sentiment comes from the last line in the Cured, Yet Greeting.

I hope you're feeling fine and dandy this Tuesday... Have a great day!
Karin




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails