Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Fall is in the Air

Hi Everyone,

Boy did we experience a soaker of weekend. I didn't love the buckets of rain, but the cooler temperatures put me in a fall mood for sure.  

This first card was made in with my friend in mind.  She's moving to Minnesota for her job next month, so I thought the Barn Door would make a perfect fall new home card.  I stamped and fussy cut the door on Kraft cardstock, adding some color using Copic marker.  I also cut a sliver of black paper, to create a rail for the door to "slide" on. (It doesn't really slide... I did think about trying to make it do that, but couldn't really figure that out...lol!)

I attached it to and embossed leaf background embellishing the door with a sunflower spray, which was cut from the Sunflower Hurricane Candle stamp. 


I added the strip of sunflower ribbon to anchor the One Line Welcome Greeting that was die cut and sponged with green ink.

Did you know that DRS Designs has birthday greetings for every month of the year?  My cousin has a birthday this month, so I thought making a fall themed card using the September Birthday Greeting was the way to go.  I've mentioned in the past that I'm notoriously bad about cleaning up between my card making, so I had the negative portion of a die cut leaf sitting out on my table from last week.  I chose to use it as a stencil and made the leaf by sponging on red, orange and yellow ink.  I added the same ink to my greeting, along with a couple of smaller die cut leaves. 


To finish it off, I rounded all of the corners of my card and added a few matching half pearls.  

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails