Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Scary Skull

Hi Everyone,

I decided to pull out my glitter and embossing powders last weekend and get to work on some more Halloween cards. 

After making the Scary Skull into a Day of the Dead sugar skull here, I decided to stamp and heat emboss it for my first card,  I colored up the eyes, fussy cut it and set it aside as I worked on the rest of the card.

I dry embossed the background and made a border strip using the Scroll Corner Tile stamp to match, attaching it to the background.  Using red ink, I stamped the Bump Into Me Halloween Greeting, and I matted it to match the card base.  I added a strip of double sided tape to the bottom of the greeting and burnished it with some glittery flock.  It needed an embellishment, so I stamped, colored and fussy cut one Eyeball.   



After attaching the sentiment and image with dimensional tape, I added 3 square gems to finish it off.

I tried to do something different for my second card, and I chose a neutral color theme.  I stamped and embossed the Iron Fence and Gate on a piece of Kraft card stock.  Again, I added a piece of double sided tape and burnished it with some black and gold glitter.  I made my own Boo greeting using dies and square punches, and attached it all to a card base that was stamped using the
 Empty Spiderweb stamp.


Are you ready for Halloween? Be sure to visit the DRS Designs store for tons of stamps and inspiration!

Have a great day!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails