Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Unexpected

Hi Everyone,

As soon as I saw the new Scary Skull stamp that was recently released at DRS Designs, my thoughts turned to a photo I took on vacation in San Diego.  I think it was somewhere in Temecula/the southern California wine country, that I snapped this:


I knew I wanted to take inspiration from it for my card...My teammate Nancy had the same thought, and made a fantastic Day of the Dead card in this post here.  I decide to go the colorful route, and stamped, fussy cut and decorated my skulls using these stamps and my own doodles:



I wrapped my embossed background with some printed ribbon and added the new 

I had originally made three skulls for the front, but what I had in mind didn't work out, (Plan A never works out for me!), so I brought the extra skull to the inside.


I finished it off using the new Deco Happy Halloween stamp and the Scroll Corner Tile stamp again. 

Spooky greetings to you and yours...
Have a great day!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails