Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Birds and Birthdays

Hi Everyone,

My sister in law and her husband have birthdays a few days apart, so I made them matching cards for the celebration.  Tony is a bird lover, so I'm always on the hunt for a bird stamp I haven't used for him before, and it's a good thing too; he said he's saved all of them throughout the years! I'm not 100% convinced that's true, but both of these bird stamps were new to both of them :)

I took inspiration from last weeks card for these, using an embossing folder with flourishes and birds on it, and the original sentiment ends with the word, "sweet".  I just swapped it out for "tweet", to match the bird theme.

Here are the stamps used:



And here is the inside and the stamps used:



My sister in law's card is virtually the same; except I made it a little girly using glitter on the snow and a ribbon.  

Here are the stamps used:



And the inside stamps:



At the last minute, I realized I didn't have a birthday gift bag (just lots of those Christmas ones!), so I took a plain navy bag with white trim and jazzed it up with a row of gems, some die cuts and the big Brush Happy Birthday Greeting.  Hurray! DRS Designs to the rescue!


I literally took the photo after putting it together before running out the door to the party, but I think everyone was more impressed by the bag, than what was in it...lol :) 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails