Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring Cards

Hi Everyone,

Tulips are probably my favorite flower of spring, so I thought I would celebrate them on one of my cards today made using stamps from DRS Designs. 

Choosing the Tulip Bunny image, I colored up the flowers and punched out only that portion.  Taking my base colors from the colored image, I stamped both using the Silhouette Leaf Branch and the
 Puff Circle, for a subtle background and the Springtime Easter Greeting.


I added a punched border, a matching ribbon and some gems to balance out the card design.

I had some extra time, so I thought I would get a jump on making some graduation cards.  With Easter falling so late in the year, this season is sneaking up fast!

I stamped the background using the Large Original Plaid Background stamp along the bottom and up the side of the panel.  I then embossed it and added the Graduation Is the Beginning Greeting which was die cut and matted.  


I stamped and fussy cut the Brush Mortarboard, adding a gel pen highlight before attaching it to the card. 

Thanks for visiting the blog today...Have a great day!
Karin


1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful cards, Karin. Some wonderful ways to use all the new stamps and VERY creative sketches. I feel Spring and Graduation in the air with these cards. Hugz

Related Posts with Thumbnails