Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Every Day Miracle

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make a card that had a "It's always darkest before the dawn" type theme, so I knew the Lightning Bolt stamp from DRS Designs would be perfect for my stormy sky backdrop on my share today.

I started off with a piece of dark blue card stock, but I sponged on top of it using various blue inks, just to give it some variation and finished with some white craft ink sponging for depth.  I stamped the Lightning Bolt twice to make it longer, and used a silver gel pen to color it in.  



For my sun behind the Every Day A Miracle Greeting, I punched a hole in a Post-it note, and sponged on yellow and orange ink.  I masked my sun using the circle and sponged some light blue ink around it for a more hopeful tone.  I matted it up and added it to the card with some dimensional foam tape.  

If you missed the compilation post of the many cards the design team at DRS Designs has made using this cool Lightning Bolt stamp, click here.

Warmer temperatures mean the patriotic holidays are creeping up, so here is my first card this year in that theme.

Releasing later this week is the new Stars and Stripes Border (938P) stamp, which I stamped in blue Versamark ink, heat embossed and layered onto a punched border of stars. I also stamped and embossed my God Bless America greeting using the same ink and embossing powder.  


.I die cut some mats for the greeting along with a large star embellishment, covering one star and mat in some patriotic glitter. Here is a close up of all the shine!


Thanks for visiting the blog today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails