Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Wedding Swans

Hi Everyone,

It had been years, literally 12 years since my husband and I attended a wedding.  Finally last summer the dry spell was broken and were invited to my cousin's wedding.  Then this past February we were invited to an engagement party, (a first for us) that turned into a surprise wedding! (Another first!)  And yes, everyone was surprised...It was so sweet :)

I couldn't help but reflect back on those two happy occasions while making this wedding card for today's share here on the blog.   

I began by stamping and fussy cutting two of the Swans and stamping and die cutting the 
Life Together Happiness Greeting.  Choosing to play off the colors of the swan, I picked and orange base and grey background that was stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear powder using the Splatter Background stamp. I chose a scalloped die cut frame and embossed that with flowers, and added a black die cut frame inside. Inside that I added a die cut rectangle that was sponged in colors of a sunrise and I also embossed that with some sunrays before attaching it inside.


I attached the sentiment in the center and the swans in one corner. The card needed a bit of balance, so I stamped, colored and fussy cut a few flowers from the Dogwood Branch, embellishing them with some glitter glue in the center.



And it was simple enough to carry the theme inside using the same stamps along with the 

Be sure to visit DRS Designs for all of these stamps and so much more.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails