Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Missing You

Hi Everyone,

With Memorial Day behind us on the calender, it's the unofficial beginning of summer, so I have mini summer like scene on my card share today.  

Leonard, from the new Leonard Pig Flies a Kite stamp makes an appearance here.  I stamped multiple hot air balloons from the 4 in 1 In the Sky stamp to complete the little scene.  I embossed 1/2 of my background with kites, and added some die cut clouds to the blue half to mimic the sky.


For a sentiment, I stamped the new Missing You Pig Time inside one of the frames from the Wooden Frame Collection stamp, fussy cutting it and attaching as you see here. 

I needed to make a masculine graduation card, so I chose the Follow Your Dreams stamp for my main image, which I then colored, die cut and matted.  

Neutral colors are always more masculine to me, so I created the background using the Grad Hat Hooray and Splatter Background stamps in black and brown ink.


Before attaching the image, I added a strip of splatter stamped cardstock that was layered on to a punched border, and wrapped with some matching twine. 
 Again, twine more masculine than ribbon to me :)  And since the image has a sentiment right on it, I was able to call this card done!  

All of these stamps, and much more, can be found at DRS Designs!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails