Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

America

Hi Everyone,

Since we're getting ready to celebrate America next week, I thought I would make some patriotic cards for today's post, using stamps from DRS Designs.

I had yet to use the Camouflage Background stamp for it's intended purpose, so I stamped the background in various shades of green to create an Army fatigue look. Both the Soldiers of America Greeting and the Army Seal were heat embossed before I added them to the card, which I finished off with a few punched stars.


For this card I stamped the new Stars and Stripes Border twice, once in red and then flipping it around and stamping it in blue.  I attached a punched border to the border panel, and then to a piece of cardstock that was stamped with the Interlocking Star Background.  



Before attaching the Stars and Stripes Forever sentiment, I added a bit of glitter by way of double sided tape.  Again, a few punched stars were my embellishment of choice.

Thanks so much for peeking in today!
Karin



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails