Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Animal Friends

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of animal themed cards to share with you today and both of them use some of the new stamps that have been recently released at DRS Designs.

On my first card the animals are accessorized for summer using the 4 in 1 Fashion Accessories.  I stamped and colored Jimbo and the Gang and then added the fussy cut sunglasses, hat and bow tie.  I attached it to a base that was stamped using the Silhouette Leaf Background and created a sentiment for it by combining a couple of greetings, Jungle Out There and Flakey Friends Winter Greeting.


While this new background stamp is named Camouflage Background, I couldn't help but see cows when I looked at it.  I'm not sure what that says about me, since I'm nowhere close to being a farm gal!  If you're of a certain age, think Ava Gabor's character on the TV show Green Acres, and that's me :)

Anyhow, I stamped the camouflage in black and created a cow using my owl punch, a die cut oval, and googly eyes.  I wasn't able to piece together a sentiment, so I created one. It took me awhile, I was working on the word moo, but it wasn't coming together for me. Then I switched to the word cow, so I hope the pun comes across as a form of " How are you?" :)


Be sure to click on over to the new releases page at DRS Designs for all of these stamps and much more!

Have a great day,
Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails