Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,

I love the sweet, serene look of this chair filled with the bounty of autumn.  With the hat slung over the back, it looks like someone just came in from the garden.  It was a pleasure coloring up the new Autumn Harvest Chair (042K) and making some backgrounds for the fall themed card were fun too.

The brown layer was stamped using the leaf portion of the 4 in 1 Harvest Designs and the strip along the side was stamped using the Argyle Background  and the Argyle Diamond.  I love that the little diamond stamp fits right in there, letting me customize the colors, and with the amount of room left on the bottom, I added the Happy Thanksgiving portion of the new World Changed Thankful Greeting (066H)


Using the other half of my yellow card stock, I decided to make a second card, one that didn't require coloring.  I stamped the Single Fall Tree three times and used the spotlight technique to bring in the effect of autumn leaves. All you need is colored paper and a small circle punch.


I sponged on some green ink for grass and added the fence from the new River Rocks & Fence Line 2 in 1 Scene (087P).  

I finished the card using the Script Happy Thanksgiving stamp, die cutting it and sponging it using the color inspiration from the trees.

Be sure to stop by DRS Designs to see all of the new fall themed stamps!

Have a great week...
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails