Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Thankful

Hi Everyone,

I can hardly believe that it's September.  Even though we haven't gone anywhere this summer and the days felt long, now that we're heading into fall, I feel like the time has flown!  The cooler night time temperatures this past weekend, really put me in the mood for some card making.  I even snuck in some snow on my first card.  DRS Designs has some new fall stamps on the way this week, and I'm excited to give you a peek!

A couple of  the new 2 in 1 stamps allow you to be creative and stamp a whole scene.  I always need to give myself a pep talk before I start this type of project, but it was so easy to get great results. If I can do it, anyone can!

I began by stamping the mountains and then the tree line below it.  Next I stamped the Log Cabin, fence and filled in using the little bare trees. After coloring in everything, I made a mask for the house and stamped the the grass portion, finishing it up with some glitter and the greeting.  

Here is the list of stamps used:

Mountain & Tree Line 2 in 1 Scene (045P)
River Rocks & Fence Line 2 in 1 Scene (087P)

  


This card is right in my usual comfort zone.  One image, one sentiment and a layout of my choice :)

I dry embossed the base with a leaf embossing folder (Darice) and stamped a border using the
 Polka Dot Background.  I stamped it once in brown ink, and then used my stamp-a-ma-jig and lined up the green dots in between the spaces and stamped again,  for a slightly different look.   After stamping and coloring the new Sunflower Bucket (062F), I fussy cut it and attached it to a die cut.  I stamped the Thanks Be to God Greeting and layered that up using my punches.




Before I attached the greeting and image, I wrapped the background in a gauzy ribbon to finish it off.  

I hope this has got your fall cardmaking mojo going.  Be sure to check in here all week for more sneak peaks, of the new seasonal stamps! Have a great day...

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails